I attempted to make some moon sand (based on this recipe from Domestic Charm) for a solar system sensory bin, but it went horribly wrong. I added 4 cups of sand, 2 cups of cornstarch, and a cup of water like it said, and all I got was soup. So I added 4 more cups of sand and 2 more cups of water.....still soup. I let it settle a bit and poured half a cup of liquid off the top! Still it was more like sandy oobleck then moon sand. Apparently my sand was much too wet for the moon sand. I suppose it was a good idea, but it seems too messy to add anything to. I will come up with something else for our solar system. However, this sandy oobleck would not go to waste!
|After I drained off the excess water.|
|The "hangers" were stuck.|
I guess it turned out pretty fun anyhow!