Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy Beginning

This past week sure seemed busier then I think it really was; maybe that is how things always go when you try something new.  I thought I would get ahead by getting some things prepared Sunday. Sounded like a good plan at the time, but I was exhausted with a stuffy head all day.  Then the one thing I tried to do didn't turn out! The kids did get to enjoy my new invention of Sandy Oobleck though!



Eli also enjoyed watching some football.
 After work Monday I tried to get things organized (always a challenge for me despite the fact that I like things organized).

Then Tuesday we started with our new work.  I have tried to put together a few things to do each week that deal with a letter of the alphabet.  This includes handwriting, a Bible verse, and a career(s) that start with the letter for the girls as well as going through the letter sound and a sensory box of the letter for Eli. I am trying to make the math and science we do fit either the letter or the career or something else about the week (we'll see how that goes). We are also going through a Bible story (which doesn't really fit a letter).

This past week was the letter A.  We practiced writing the letter A and a, our verse was Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you," and our first career was an astronaut.



Our math was done with stars (counting to 100 by 1's and 10's), and our science was the solar system.


We even fit some physical education in there by playing Comet Catch.


The girls helped find things to stick in a letter A bin for Eli. I also made a space sensory bin for them.



We actually have at least one more A career to go through and our Bible story (Creation which they have been through a few times).  Running around two of our regular days put us behind.  I guess we will finish up this week before going on to the letter B.

Tuesday afternoon we headed out for a Mommy and Me session with the wonderful Harvey House Photography; I can't wait to see the pictures. Then Thursday we went out to a nearby pumpkin patch.  As always the girls had a good time running around like crazy and seeing all the animals.  Eli liked the animals, but he really liked digging in the saw dust.





Friday was a super busy day at work for me! The girls finished the week off by playing in the leaves and climbing trees at Grandma's before heading home Saturday.  These pictures of from my little camera, and the rest are still on Nathan's phone.  They had a great time!






Not sure how you can get behind the first week you try something, but maybe this next week we will get caught up!