Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Condensed Milk Paintings

   
So this is a really straight forward activity and a very sticky one as well!  I first saw the idea here: ECE Made Easy.  I poured sweetened condensed milk into various sections of ice cube trays leaving open spots to mix new colors.  Then I added red, yellow, and blue food coloring to a couple of spots in each tray.  I left one spot with no color to use to lighten other colors. 



 Then I mixed them with toothpicks and handed them over to the girls to paint with.  Again I used watercolor paper since it is much thicker then normal paper.


Nadia enjoyed painting.


Bria enjoyed the mixing.


Since it was all edible I let Eli in on the fun.  He liked painting....



and eating.


He actually had to have a bath by the end of it.


Luckily once the milk dries it isn't really sticky anymore, but it does stay shiny!