Monday, January 28, 2013

Mini-Meatloaves



My husband HATES meatloaf. He had said this since before we got married.  In fact i was never a huge fan of it either, so it really wasn't an issue. That is until I started doing my freezer cooking. Sometime before the birth of my second daughter I started looking into freezer cooking.  I mean I had been freezing baby food for my oldest for a few months, and I didn't see why that couldn't be transferred to adult food.  I soon found there were many people who participating in freezer cooking! One of the more popular things to freeze was meatloaf. So I started looking for a meatloaf we would both love.  After combining 3 recipes this is what I came up with. And the whole family gobbles them up!

Mini-Meatloaves

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
3/4 C milk
1/2 C quick oats
1 egg
1 C shredded cheese (we like cheddar)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t seasoned salt (we like Lawry's)
1 t Worcestershire sauce
pinch garlic powder
pinch pepper

Sauce:

2/3 C ketchup
1/4 C packed brown sugar
2 T BBQ sauce
1 t mustard


1. Mix first 10 ingredients together and set aside.


2. Mix sauce ingredients in separate bowl.


3. Add 3-4 T sauce to meat mixture.


4. Form meat mixture into patties and place on greased baking sheet or use greased muffin tins!


5. make little divots in each patty and fill with remaining sauce.


6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  If I am freezing them I will usually bake them about 30 minutes  and then about 30 minutes again when they are thawed.


7. Enjoy!


My husband loves these little meat muffins (as he calls them), and they work great to freeze.  Freeze them on a cookie sheet and then place frozen ones in a freezer bag.  Pull out what you need and keep the others frozen! I usually make a double batch at a time, so I have enough to freeze!