Friday, December 21, 2012

Snow Ice Cream



Yesterday we had our first decent snow of the winter (we had a little earlier on, but no accumulation).





We decided to make some snow ice cream with it.  Normally I just use some milk, sugar, and vanilla for snow ice cream, but I saw this recipe on Wannabe Southern Cook and wanted to try it.

It is a really easy recipe, just three ingredients.

8 C clean snow
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla


Mix it all together and eat!




It melts faster then regular ice cream does, and honestly this recipe was a little sweet for me.  Next time I will just add more snow!   The kids all seemed to enjoy it though.  The girls wanted chocolate on theirs, and Eli was happy with it plain.





If you have snow (clean snow), I would definitely recommend making some ice cream!