Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Word 2013 - Month 3

As most of you know from my previous posts (IntroMonth 1, Month 2) my One Word for this year is Love. I an trying to spend time concentrating one the word and how to actually Love those around me. So far all I have been learning is that I have a great need to Love myself. I have never had much confidence in myself, so it isn't that surprising really. What is surprising (to me at least) is how long it is taking me to figure it out. I have learned that God indeed loves me, other people love me, and this month I have learned that who I am is okay.



I picked up the book The Way They Learn by Cynthia Tobias hoping to learn more about my kids and how to effectively teach them. Which I did learn.


I also learned a lot about myself, my personality, and why I am the way I am. It is always such a relief when I find someone who is so similar to me because most of the people I am around are vastly different. You start to wonder at times if you are normal!  I am so thankful I read this book because I found sections that perfectly described me and my behavior (even what my husband would consider crazy). Turns out all those things I always try to be because I can clearly see how wonderful they work for everyone else, are really not things I am capable of doing without a lot of stress. Well, I already have enough stress, so now I am letting myself be okay with how I do things. Of course I am still trying to find ways to make things better and easier just without the extra stress. (More to come when I post about my schedule....really it is coming.)

I guess I was farther from self acceptance then I had originally thought, and I still think it is going to take a long time to get it all figured out. But I seem to be on the right track to learning to love myself, and after that I figure showing love for others will come.