Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pistachio Almond Cookies


I wasn't actually planning on blogging these, but they turned out so yummy that I had to! I started with my basic pudding cookie recipe (below) and just changed them up a little. I love how versatile this one recipe is! 

Pudding Cookies

Ingredients

2 1/4 C flour
2 sticks butter, softened
2/3 C brown sugar
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 pkg instant pudding
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
2 C chips

Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add pudding, eggs, and vanilla.

Mix flour and baking soda. Add to mix.

Stir in chips.

Place rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes and 350 degrees.

That is the basic recipe that can be altered to make whatever flavor you want. I used it the same day to make chocolate mint cookies by using chocolate fudge pudding mix and chopped Andes mints.

For the Pistachio Almond cookies I used Pistachio pudding mix, chopped almond instead of chips, and almond extract instead of vanilla.  Super easy and yummy! 



I have to say these cookies made my pistachio loving husband very happy!