Sunday, October 21, 2012

No Time to Be Sick

Seems like this past week just flew by with so much going on around here!  It didn't start out so well Sunday.  While it was Nathan's birthday, Bria also decided to get sick with whatever bug the other two had already had, so we didn't get to do much.  Work as usual on Monday; then on Tuesday Nathan was sick.  He was home all day, but in bed most of it.

Tuesday was also Nadia's actual birthday.  We went out and got some cupcakes and had a brief family get together before Bria and I had to rush out the door for her first 4-H meeting.


Bria had a good time at the meeting and did really well as far as participating.  I had to hurry her along a bit at the end as I was starting to not feel well. I came home from the meeting and immediately was sick too.


So all day Wednesday I got to be sick.  Not a good thing when you have Parents as Teachers scheduled, party things to do, and story time.  Needless to say, none of that was done.

Thursday things were better.  We  got some party stuff done, and we attended our first art class with a local homeschool co-op.  The girls (especially Bria) had a great time, so we will probably try to attend regularly.

We only got 2 of the 3 party decoration/ crafts made that I had wanted to, but the girls were happy with them.  We made Coffee Filter Jellyfish and Glittery Melted Crayon Fish.  I think we may have some permanently glittery floors from the over zealous glittering we had going on! I had wanted to make some little crabs too, but they will have to wait for another time.




Back to work on Friday.  Then after church Saturday, we had a party for the girls friend Stephen.  He and Nadia were born 3 days apart.  They had a wonderful time there of course! It just made me a little crunched for time on Nadia's party.  I'm sure it will all turn out ok.  I guess we will find out later today! You will have to come back and see how it was!