Friday, August 30, 2013

Amazing Miracle Cure for Sleep Deprived Toddler or Massive Unexplainable Coincidence - Vote Now!

Well. I've left it a few weeks to post now. Partly due to laziness on my part I admit. But also because last time I posted about sleep I was on Day Four of Sleeping Through and then that was it again for 3 months.  But this time tomorrow it'll be a month ...
 
More energy for laughing... and not just the bubba
So something miraculous has happened in that time. I would love to say it was 100% due to the cranial osteopathy. Because then I'd have a clear Line-in-the-Sand moment. I would become a tout or overly-aggressive promoter for the cause.
 
But the Sleep Though started the night before the osteo visit. Shucks. So I can't say for sure the massaging, pressure applications and soothing sessions were the whole reason for the sleeping. I do think they helped. Perhaps only my mental state, but that was pretty poor after 20 months of extreme sleep deprivation.
 
Even if it was a placebo effect, whereby my simply believing bubba was going to feel more comfortable and sleep through then so be it. Definitely worth forty quid....
 
Toddler-Chasing - requires Mama to be alert to potential washing-line related impending disasters
 
So if we were to have another bubba at some point, one who hated sleep and fights it all the way, has colic and/ or reflux, I wouldn't hesitate to give osteo another shot. Of course I wouldn't expect a tiny baby to sleep through... there's simply no getting away from those midnight feeds, and the 2am, and the 4am and so on...
 
But if it saves us from pushing another bubba up and down the seafront at 4am, being jibed by late night revellers, whilst wearing dressing gown and work shoes as they were nearest the door, it'll be worth at least another forty quid...
Easier to concentrate on Digging when you've had enough sleep