Now for the girls favorite part, catching worms! Fortunately we didn't have to dig around a lot to find them. We headed straight to the container gardens, and sure enough as soon as we moved them we found worms. I am sure the recent rain helped as well. Nadia found 2 and Bria found 3 (one was a tiny little thing about an inch long). We put them on top and let them find their way into the dirt.
We took out hotel complete with worms inside and put a black paper cover around it because worms prefer dark. We also uncapped the water bottle and added some flowers. After that it was just waiting, and waiting, and waiting. A few days later I saw a small tunnel, and then nothing. Finally a week after we started (ironically the day the worm hotel was going to disappear because I decided we had killed our worms), I saw a worm actually digging a tunnel! The girls were pretty excited to see the tunnel with the worm too! So I suppose we will keep them a couple more days before turning them lose.